In today's digital age, ecommerce has become an integral part of retail, providing a vast marketplace for businesses of all sizes. For sellers and brands of all kinds, platforms like Flipkart offer immense opportunities to reach a wide customer base and drive sales.
However, to drive higher sales for your Flipkart listings and diffrentiate yourself from your competitors, it is crucial to optimize your Flipkart listings with the right combination of keywords in your Flipkart content, images, right pricing strategies, and promotions.
Let's dive into the major elements step-by-step.
We'll take an example of Samsung TV listing, as we move towards optimizing Flipkart listings.
- High quality images are vital. The dimensions should be at least 500px x 500px.
- Different categories have different image requirements for the best results. As a general rule of thumb, having product images photographed from multiple sides is excellent on any listing.
- In the case of consumables, it is great to have the food ingredients as part of the images in the listing.
- In the case of electronic items, a visual representation of the product features is a great addition.
There are 4 primary elements that can be optimized for Flipkart listings:
- Title (L2)
- Product Highlights (L4)
- Description (L6)
- Rich product description (L7)
Keywords play an essential part in content optimization. Different buyers on Flipkart search different keywords, and it becomes crucial for you to place your listing in those search results.
Flipkart keyword research:
There are 3 primary ways to research keywords:
- Competitor research: Identify top selling products of your category and sub-category, and research the keywords they are using.
- Searchbox keyword suggestions: Search your base term on Flipkart search box, and identify the keyword suggestions.
- Keyword idea generation: Use your product listing base text, and generate potential keyword ideas.
Once you identify keywords, it becomes important to identify relevant keywords based upon two factors:
1. Search volume: This estimates of the search volume of the given keywords on Flipkart.
2. Competition: Check the number of products ranking on those keywords. Keywords with high or medium search volume but lower competition are the best to target as part of your listing.
3. Product distribution: Check the price and ratings, and review the distribution of the products in the search keyword. If your product pricing, rating, and reviews are around the average of the above, buyers are likely to click on your product.
FYI, we have built a Chrome extension to help you identify keywords for any competitor listing, and also help you with keyword monitoring for the above key factors. Check it out here.
Once you identify the keywords, find ways to incorporate these keywords in your product content and inside the listing as part of meta keywords. Also, ensure that your content is not stuffed with keywords only for the sake of the Flipkart search algorithm and is human-readable because buyers may be going through your description.
Pricing and Promotions:
Pricing and promotions are crucial in optimizing your listing for the right audience. While Flipkart also provides pricing suggestions, it is essential to note that those suggestions are primarily based on your overall category. However, you should identify competitors in your category and target audience and monitor their pricing and promotion changes over time to develop the correct pricing and promotion strategy for your brand listings rather than the entire category listings.
FYI, we have built tools to easily help you with competitor monitoring on Flipkart to help you identify top selling listings with their changes in pricing and promotions to help you with the pricing and promotions decisions for your brand. Feel free to check us out here.
Reviews and ratings influence the buyer's decision to buy your product. Products with more than 4-star ratings are preferred. If your product has too many ratings and reviews, it becomes critical to analyze those reviews to identify the positives and negatives of your product. Thus, review analysis helps with product improvements and identifying key features which people are praising that can be further used in the Flipkart content.
FYI, we have built a Chrome extension to allow you to easily analyze any number of reviews in any Flipkart listing to identify the core pointers of any positive or negative reviews on Flipkart. Check out the extension here.